Business Intelligence Lead
You will be responsible for developing and leading Data Management Reporting Center of Excellence. Working with business leaders to determine and develop an extensive set of management information reports enabling effective administration and growth.
You will work with technology partners to develop supporting data and systems architecture enabling the production of regularly required reports in addition to a set of self‐service tools enabling ad‐hoc reporting and analysis.
The team has built technological infrastructure which should enable increasingly effective data governance and a ‘single source of truth’ for reporting across business units and functions. Taking advantage of the new Data Environment (Data Lake and surrounding structures and architecture) there is an opportunity to automate and optimize aspects of current report production activity and thus free resources for higher value analytic work.
The position will focus on optimal report definition, design, and architecture to support selfservice as well as standard reporting offerings.
- Define and create Data Management and Reporting Center of Excellence;
- Lead team and partner with technical execution team to architect and support management reporting production processes, infrastructure, and deliverables;
- Collaborate with cross‐functional teams to determine the value of key business data and define, develop, and document policies and business rules for management reporting;
- Lead business intelligence projects by filtering and translating business questions and problems into structured analysis, reports, and tools;
- Recommend new or modified ways of aggregating, splitting or otherwise transforming management information which may yield novel business insights;
- Build out a defined team/organization to execute on Individual operational reporting;
- Monitor and modify data marts, business intelligence applications, and related software systems as needed;
- Drive usage and adoption of standard reporting approaches and self‐service tools across the organization.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, develop and execute value added reporting strategy while being able to accomplish day‐today tactical activities;
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks to deliver according to schedule and priority;
- Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, develop and execute information strategy while being able to manage day‐to‐day tactical activities;
- Broad knowledge of data architecture design (data marts, Hadoop, etc.) and data modeling principles;
- Broad knowledge of financial and management information reporting practice and requirements;
- Strong interest in and experience with using technology to effect process improvements;
- Ability to influence organizational change;
- Strong people management skills;
- Proactively takes lead in building and leveraging relationships internally and externally;
- Very strong ability to communicate and present to senior and executive level management.